THE LIONS CLUB OF GILLITTS CAMPERDOWN
What is Lions?
Lions Clubs International (LCI) is an international secular, non-political service organization founded in 1917. As of April 2015, it had over 46,000 local clubs and more than 1.4 million members in over 200 countries around the world. The organization aims to meet the needs of communities on a local and global scale.
The Lions Moto is “We Serve” and while we do make financial donations or contributions our main aim is to serve our community through our time and actions.
Here are some of our projects:
- R30000 per month feeding scheme with generous support from Spar, Kloof Village Mall
- Helping children with diabetes to live with their disease
- Educating a child at Fulton School for the Deaf and assisting the school to transport their pupils by assisting with their diesel costs
- Supporting Embocraft, who give skills to those who have none
- A fun day and braai at St Vincent’s Orphanage and personally deliver Christmas presents to them at Christmas
- Taking residents of Sunfield Home in Howick away to the Berg, on game drives and gentle hikes
- A school library, built and stocked in rural Transkei
- Hosting international students to foster understanding of South Africa and her communities
- Improving community areas such as the garden and verge around the Gillitts Police Station and Community Hall
The Highway Festival will enable us to increase our activities and help more people in our community. Should you be interested in joining our Club, please contact Andrew via email@example.com